Friday, December 18, 2009

Smart Savings this Week!

WALGREENS


Total Before Coupons and Sales = $32.59
Total Spent = $1.91!!
Total Saved = $30.68 or 94%
So, this was obviously an amazing shop! I pretty much followed this list. However, I had $8 in Extra Care Bucks that were expiring today, so I used them on this order. I usually try to roll my ECB's over, meaning if I use $8, I try to also earn $8, but there was just nothing on sale with ECB earnings that I needed or wanted.
The Snickers and chapstick were a register line grab. Walgreens has a coupon policy that you have to have as many items as you do coupons. So, I usually find myself grabbing one or two less than $1 items to meet that policy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TARGET


Total Before Sales and Coupons = $10.97
Total Spent = $3.98
Total Saved = $6.99 or 64%
I used a couple of the deals on this list to make these transactions. The batteries -- FREE!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CVS

Total Before Sales and Coupons = $26.41
Total Spent = $2.89
Total Saved = $23.52 or 89%!!
This was the same situation as the Walgreens shop. I had $16 in Register Rewards that expired today. I did, however, receive $8 back in Register Rewards so I did a little better at rolling them over here. The milk, garlic powder and baking sheet were not on sale, but I was looking for items to purchase to use my Rewards.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commisary (On Base)

Total Spent = $12.15
See all of those orange stickers? That means these items were in the damaged goods clearance corner and I had a coupon for most of them!
Cake Mix = $.67/ea with $.55/2 coupon = $.40 each
French's Onions = $1.95 with $.75/1 coupon = $1.20
The tomato paste was only $.37
The spaghetti sauce was $.72
The tomato sauce was $.30
And the Commisary usually has good deals on produce. The oranges were $2.49 for a 4 lb bag, and the zucchini was $.39 per pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment